Victoria Health Diosmin Plus contains a potent and synergistic blend of botanicals that provide support for the circulatory system and modulate inflammation, one of the primary causes of unsightly veins, capillaries and haemorrhoids. Diosmin Plus new improved formula now contains Vitamin C and Red Vine Leaf together with the original specialist ingredients including Diosmin, Horse Chestnut, Dandelion, Gotu Kola, Ginger Root and Pine Bark Extract, to aid circulation within the body.
As we age, our circulatory systems age with use resulting in the fact that the heart has to beat with greater force to move blood around the entire body. Our veins, due to the same ageing process, get narrower, are more fragile and the valves within these veins lose their elasticity. All these factors lead to impeded blood flow, enlarged veins, such as varicose veins, and more prone to haemorrhaging such as those with haemorrhoids.
VH Diosmin Plus Key Benefits:
- Enhances healthy blood flow in arteries, veins and capillaries
- Maintains the elasticity and tone of veins
- Diminishes inflammation, the primary cause of capillary fragility
- Protects collagen and elastin ensuring healthy valve function
- Manufactured using a highly refined process to reach the veins directly
Diosmin Plus Key Ingredients:
- Red Vine Leaf Extract - contributes to good blood flow in the legs.
- Vitamin C - contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels.
- Horse Chestnut - has been historically shown to support and strengthen lower limb circulation by reducing capillary fragility and tonifying effects. Additionally, horse chestnut also has anti-inflammatory and astringent properties.
- Dandelion - a highly nutritive herb that also has a diuretic activity. Dandelion supports and strengthens the entire body, especially the liver and gall bladder, but is used mostly to help reduce swelling associated with water retention.
- Gotu Kola - helps eliminate excess fluid, helps shrink tissues and stimulates the central nervous system. Gotu Kola promotes wound healing and whilst it is used for the treatment of varicose veins, it is also used for heart and liver function, cardiovascular and circulatory disorders, fatigue, connective tissue disorders including extrenal haemorrhoids, poor appetite and sleep disorders.
- Ginger Root - as a digestive tonic, ginger helps to enhance the utilisation of each and every botanical within the formulation. Additionally, ginger has great circulatory properties.
- Pine Bark Extract - a rich source of oligomeric proanthocyanidins which are potent flavonoids known to exert antioxidant, collagen stabilising and anti-inflammatory properties.
Our in-house pharmacist, Shabir Daya has written seven articles about Diosmin Plus:
- Common Holiday Health Problems Solved
- Preventing & Treating Haemorrhoids
- A Natural Remedy for Varicose Veins, Spider Veins, Haemorrhoids and Poor Circulation
- Chilblains Treatment
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Treating Cold Hands and Feet
- What Causes Restless Legs?
Directions: As a food supplement, adults take two capsules daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Do not exceed the daily dose.
Diosmin Plus is free from dairy, gluten, wheat, corn, soya, sugar, peanuts and shellfish and is suitable for vegetarians.
Do not take if pregnant, nursing or planning to become pregnant. If you have any pre-existing conditions, are taking any medications or if you have allergies to ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds or daisies, consult your healthcare practitioner before using. Keep out of reach of young children. Store in a cool, dry place. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Discontinue use 2 weeks prior to surgery. Not intended for long term use or in individuals under 18 years of age.
|Ingredients Per Capsule
|Red Vine (Vitis vinifera L.) Leaf
|Vegetable Cellulose (Capsule)
|Horse Chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) Seed Extract
|Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) Leaf Extract
|Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) Herb Powder
|Ginger (Zingiber officinale) Root Extract
|Pine (Pinus massoniana L.) Bark Extract
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)
%NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
n/a = NRV not established
What time of day should I take Diosmin Plus?
This can be taken any time of the day, preferably with food.
I cannot take pills. Can I open the Diosmin Plus?
Yes, you can open and sprinkle over food/mix with a drink.
How large is Diosmin Plus capsule?
The Diosmin Plus capsule is approx 2cm long.
How soon will I see the results of Diosmin Plus?
We suggest allowing approx 28 days to see results but this can differ from person to person.
Can I take Diosmin Plus when I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Do not use during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding.
Are Diosmin Plus bottles recyclable?
Yes, they are made of PET and are 100% recyclable.
Are Diosmin Plus vegan?
This product does not include any animal-derived ingredients.
Can I take Diosmin Plus with other vitamins?
Yes, this product can be taken with other dietary supplements.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.