Vitabiotics Wellwoman formula is designed to help support your daily nutritional needs during a hectic life. It includes a wide range of nutrients which give support to the areas of health which are most relevant to women, with the addition of an Omega 3, 6 and 9 capsule - a rich source of DHA and EPA which contributes to normal brain, heart function and normal vision.
Key Benefits of Vitabiotics Wellwoman Plus :
- Female Health - Wellwoman Plus includes specific nutrients which have been specifically chosen for their role in supporting all round female health including vitamin B6 which contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity. Plus iron which contributes to normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin, an important consideration during the monthly cycle. It also includes 400 µg folic acid which contributes to maternal tissue growth during pregnancy which is important if you're planning a pregnancy or there's a chance you might get pregnant.
- Immune System - Looking after your immune health is important throughout the year, not only in the winter months. Wellwoman Plus includes vitamins D and B12 plus zinc copper and folic acid, which contribute to the normal function of the immune system. Thiamin (vit. B1) and vitamin B12 also contribute to the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- Energy and Vitality - Because life rarely slows down, you can't afford to either. Wellwoman Plus provides a comprehensive range of micronutrients at levels specifically designed for women, including vitamins, Thiamin (Vit B1) and B12 plus iron which contribute to normal energy release. The formula also includes folate, pantothenic acid and vitamin B12 which contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, ideal for women who lead hectic lifestyles, juggling work, family and social commitments.
- Skin, Hair and Nails - Most of us would like a little extra support for our skin, hair and nails. Wellwoman Plus contains nutrients for hair, skin and nails including vitamin C which contributes to normal collagen formation. Collagen is the substance that gives skin its elasticity. Biotin, niacin (vit. B3), zinc and riboflavin (vit. B2) are also included in the formula as they help contribute to the maintenance of normal skin. Zinc also contributes to the maintenance of normal nails and biotin contributes to the maintenance of normal hair.
- Incorporating Premium Quality Fish Oil - Wellwoman Plus Omega 3·6·9 includes high quality fish oil designed to meet the highest quality and purity standards. Each batch is certified and fully compliant with stringent EC and WHO rules on environmental pollutants including contaminants such as mercury, dioxins and PCB'S. This means you can be sure of the highest standard. The Omega-3 oils found in Wellwoman Plus contain a rich source of DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid). EPA and DHA are classed as essential fatty acids because they cannot be made by the body and must be obtained through the diet.
- Brain, Heart and Vision - DHA and EPA help maintain normal vision, brain function and normal function of the heart
- Omega 3-6-9 capsule provides Evening Primrose oil, Starflower oil, Fish oil and Olive oil
Directions: As a food supplement, take one table (purple blister) plus one capsule (aqua blister) per day with your main meal. Swallow with water or a cold drink. Not to be chewed. Do not exceed the recommended intake. To be taken on a full stomach. This comprehensive formula replaces other Wellwoman® multivitamins. There is no need to take an additional multivitamin
Food supplements must not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. As with other food supplements, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using if you are under medical supervision, pregnant, breast-feeding, have epilepsy, haemochromatosis, suffer from food allergies, or are allergic to any of the ingredients. Not suitable for children. Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold on base of carton. Made in a site that may handle nuts. This product contains vitamin K. Those taking anticoagulants (blood thinners) should not take this product except on the advice of a doctor. Not to be taken on an empty stomach. This product contains iron, which if taken in excess, may be harmful to very young children. Store below 25°C in a dry place, out of sight and reach of children.
Tablet Ingredients: Bulking Agents: Dibasic Calcium Phosphate & Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Oxide, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Tablet Coating: (Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Glycerin, Colours: Calcium Carbonate & Copper Chlorophyllin [Natural Source]), Vitamin E (D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acid Succinate) (from Soya), Ferrous Fumarate, Zinc Sulphate, Niacin (Nicotinamide), Hydroxypropylcellulose, Para Amino Benzoic Acid, Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin), Citrus Bioflavonoids, Anti-Caking Agents: Stearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide & Magnesium Stearate, Thiamin (Vitamin B1 as Mononitrate), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl), Betacarotene, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Salt), Polyvinylpyrrolidone, Riboflavin, Manganese Sulphate, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin K1 (Phytomenadione), Folic Acid (as Pteroylmonoglutamic Acid), Sodium Selenate, Chromium Trichloride, Biotin. Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
Why has Vitabiotics Wellwoman Plus been created?
Wellwoman Plus has been designed for the demands of modern life. The comprehensive daily multivitamin contains a wide range of nutrients and trace elements. Wellwoman Plus contains a comprehensive spectrum of micronutrients for all-round nutritional support including vitamins B6 and B12 which contribute to normal energy release. Folate, pantothenic acid and vitamin B12 also contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
When is it recommended to take Vitabiotics Wellwoman Plus?
Wellwoman Plus is recommended for women of all ages as a daily nutritional safeguard for general health and vitality. Wellwoman contains a wide range of nutrients and trace elements to support the areas of health which are of most interest to women including vitamin B6 which contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity, plus iron which contributes to normal formation of red blood cells, an important consideration during the monthly cycle.
Can Vitabiotics Wellwoman Plus be taken during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, we would recommend a multivitamin supplement specially formulated for pregnancy, such as one from the Pregnacare range. Pregnacare (from Vitabiotics) contains a careful combination of 19 vitamins and minerals, specially developed for use from before conception, throughout the whole of pregnancy, and also whilst breast-feeding. Pregnacare is recommended as soon as you start trying for a baby. However, there is no problem if you become pregnant whilst taking Wellwoman, since it contains the recommended level of 400 µg Folic Acid, and vitamin B12.
Can I take Vitabiotics Wellwoman Plus with other medication?
Generally, Wellwoman Plus may be used alongside medications, because it contains only moderate levels of vitamins and minerals, and is free from any drugs or hormones. Wellwoman Plus may also be used alongside the contraceptive pill. For specific advice on taking Wellwoman Plus with medicines, we recommend that you contact your doctor or pharmacist first.
How and when should I use Vitabiotics Wellwoman Plus?
One tablet and one capsule per day is recommended with or immediately after your main meal. Swallow with water or a cold drink, without chewing. Taking the tablet/capsule with a large meal maximises the absorption of the nutrients, and can reduce nausea, which is sometimes experienced if multivitamins are taken on an empty stomach. Wellwoman Plus should only be taken on a full stomach. Always ensure that Wellwoman Plus is taken with plenty of liquid to wash the tablet/capsule down, and not tea or coffee, as this may cause the tablet/capsule to disintegrate too early.
Are there any side effects to Vitabiotics Wellwoman Plus?
Wellwoman Plus has no known side effects when taken as directed. Do not exceed the recommended tablet/capsule intake. In case of overdose, seek medical advice immediately.
What are the key nutrients in Vitabiotics Wellwoman Plus?
The key nutrients found in our Wellwoman Plus Omega 3-6-9 product includes Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Biotin, Magnesium and Selenium, Iron, Omega-3 Fish Oil, Evening Primrose and Starflower Oil. To see the full list of ingredients for this product please click on the nutritional information tab found on this listing.
Is suitable Vitabiotics Wellwoman Plus for a vegetarian?
No Wellwoman Plus is not suitable for vegetarians as it contains fish oil in a pharmaceutical grade gelatin capsule. Adults can obtain DHA and EPA indirectly through the conversion of the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), present in vegetable oils such as linseed but this process is very inefficient. Wellwoman Plus contains fish oil as it provides a much more reliable, direct source of DHA, EPA and AA.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.