Good Health Naturally Taurine Spray is a taurine supplement for the eyes and is thought to protect the eyes against both ultraviolet light and toxic substances.
Taurine spray for eyes may nourish and defend against damage from UV light and is often recommended for dry eyes and for numerous eye concerns. Taurine is depleted in diabetics, which raises the question of whether its deficiency contributes to the development of diabetic retinopathy as well as to other complications of diabetes. It is suspected, but not proven, that taurine deficiency may contribute to the development of age-related macular degeneration and that supplementing with taurine may protect against it. Unlike the other amino acids, taurine is not incorporated into proteins, but exists independently in tissue, most abundantly in the retina, platelets, muscles, and the nervous system.
Taurine also plays a vital role in the management of anxiety and stress. Chemically very similar to GABA, an amino acid that has a therapeutic role in depression, taurine works to inhibit the synthesis of adrenaline as well as helping to eliminate cortisol from the body. Excess cortisol leads to anxiety and similar concerns. Using the sublingual form, as in the spray, achieves a quicker desired effect.
Benefits of Taurine Spray:
- Eye Health – Taurine is the most abundant amino acid in the retina (back of the eye) and can help retinal and optic nerve degradation. Its protective benefits are associated with a reduction in retinal oxidative stress. It is thought to protect against damage from UV light and toxic substances. It may help conditions such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy
- Heart Health – Research links higher taurine levels to improved outcomes for heart disease, including conditions such as cardiomyopathy and atherosclerosis. It is reported to be helpful in the cases of atrial fibrillation due to its anti-arrhythmia properties. Research also shows its benefits for blood pressure and cholesterol balance
- Brain Health – Taurine may work to promote long-term memory and cognitive abilities. As it declines with age, taurine may be a valuable supplement to help ward off certain age-related neurodegenerative conditions
- Digestive and Gallbladder Health - Taurine is used to produce bile acids essential for fat digestion and absorption
- Exercise Performance – Studies involving athletes demonstrated significantly better performance after taking a taurine supplement. Muscles contain high taurine levels, which helps ensure their proper function and protection from damage
- Diabetes – Studies suggest that taurine can improve diabetes outcomes by reducing blood sugar levels and insulin resistance and may reduce diabetic complications such as retinopathy and neuropathy
Using a sublingual product helps to ensure fast and superior absorption, compared to tablet and capsules equivalents. Simply spray under the tongue, away from food, to support an increased taurine intake, beneficial for many health conditions.
Directions: As a food supplement, take five to ten Taurine sprays daily at least 10 mins before drinking a liquid and at least 15 minutes after eating, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Do not exceed the daily dose. Please note: This is not an eye spray. Keep out of reach of children.
Please note: This is not an eye spray. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use.
L-Taurine,Purified Water, Glycerine, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.