Victoria Health Superior Joints with Natural Eggshell Membrane (NEM) is a food supplement for joints that aims to provide pain relief for arthritis, knee pain, muscle pain, backache & shoulder pain relief. Superior Joints new improved formula now contains vitamin c and copper together with the original specialist nutrients, turmeric, ginger, hyaluronic acid, to aid rapid pain relief.
Natural Eggshell Membrane (NEM) - is a clinically proven source of chondroitin, hyaluronic acid, collagen and other glycosamino-glycans essential for healthy joints. NEM is clinically proven to reduce pain and stiffness and often within days! In a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial published in Clinical Rheumatology, more than 50% of patients noticed an improvement within 10 days.
Superior Joints also provides a unique blend of ingredients, natural herbs and antioxidants with proven anti-inflammatory benefits including:
- Vitamin C - Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of bones and cartilage.
- Copper - Copper contributes to the maintenance of normal connective tissues and therefore can be beneficial to cartilage (as cartilage is made up of connective tissue)
- Ginger - aside from enhancing the availability of the ingredients through its action on the production of digestive enzymes, ginger extracts are well known to inhibit the compounds that cause inflammation. Ginger contains important antioxidants that clear the joint tissues of impurities and allows fresh blood to flow into the aching areas comforting joint sores and improving flexibility and movement of muscles and bones.
- Turmeric - is known to possess powerful anti-inflammatory properties limiting the activity of the enzymes involved in inflammation (LOX and COX-2). By reducing the effects of these enzymes, turmeric may also reduce associated inflammation and alleviate pain. Turmeric is a potent antioxidant and is hence an excellent choice to help protect the joint tissues from the adverse effects of free radicals produced during the inflammatory process and hence promotes the faster recovery and repair without affecting the immune function.
- Tart Cherries - contain natural anti-inflammatory compounds. In laboratory tests carried out by Michigan State University, tart cherry compounds were found to be at least 10 times more active than aspirin without side effects. Other studies indicate that tart cherries inhibit the chemicals involved in inflammation and these same compounds also have potent antioxidant properties further protecting the joint tissues against free radical damage.
- Hyaluronic Acid - helps to stabilise the degradation of the cartilage matrix as well as aiding in the removal of waste matter including acidic compounds that cause pain and stiffness.
Superior Joints Key Benefits:
- Pain relief for arthritis, knee pain, muscle pain, backache & shoulder pain
- NEM is clinically proven to reduce pain and stiffness
- Prevents further degradation of joints
- Improves flexibility and movement of muscles and bones
- Reduces inflammation and alleviates pain
- Promotes faster recovery and repair without affecting the immune function
- Protects the joint tissues against free radical damage
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of bones and cartilage.
- Copper contributes to the maintenance of normal connective tissues and therefore can be beneficial to cartilage.
- Superior Joints is free from dairy, gluten, wheat, corn, soya, sugar, peanuts and shellfish and is suitable for vegetarians.
Our in-house pharmacist, Shabir Daya has written five articles about Superior Joints:
- An Overview of Joint Supplements
- Read This If You Are Taking Glucosamine And Suffer From Painful Joints
- Strategies To Promote Healthy & Flexible Joints
- Lower Back Pain
- Hand Pain
Directions: As a food supplement take two capsules, once daily preferably with food, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Do not exceed the daily dose. Consult your GP if you suffer from gallstones or gallbladder disease. Do not exceed the daily dose.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare professional before taking. Food supplements are not to be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the daily dose. Consult your GP if you suffer from gallstones or gallbladder disease.
|Ingredients Per Serving (2 Capsules)||Weight||%EC NRV*|
|NEM™ branded Eggshell Membrane||500mg||N/A|
|Ginger Root Powder||250mg||N/A|
|Turmeric Root Powder||250mg||N/A|
|Hypromellose (vegetarian capsule)||240mg||N/A|
|Tart Cherry Fruit Powder||50mg||N/A|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||155mg||18.75%|
|Copper (as gluconate)||250mcg||25%|
*NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
mcg - microgram
mg = milligram
What is the different in the new improved Superior Joints formula?
Superior Joints new improved formula now contains vitamin c, and copper. Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of bones and cartilage. Copper contributes to the maintenance of normal connective tissues and therefore can be beneficial to cartilage (as cartilage is made up of connective tissue)
What time of day should I take Superior Joints?
This can be taken any time of the day preferably with food.
I cannot take pills. Can I open the Superior Joints?
Yes, you can open and sprinkle over food/mix with a drink.
How large is Superior Joints capsule?
The Superior Joints capsule is approx 2cm long.
How soon will I see the results of Superior Joints?
We suggest allowing approx 14 days to see results but this can differ from person to person.
Can I take Superior Joints when I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Do not use during pregnancy or whilst breastfeeding.
Are Superior Joints bottles recyclable?
Yes, they are made of PET and are 100% recyclable.
Are Superior Joints vegan?
This product does not include any animal-derived ingredients.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.