Victoria Health Sleep Tight Plus capsules are a sleep remedy containing traditional herbs and nutrients that are known to help promote a well rested, deep and meaningful sleep, night after night.
Good sleep is one of the most important aspects of health. A good night's sleep will help you feel more rested and energetic upon waking up whilst poor sleep quality may contribute to feeling fatigued, irritable and unable to concentrate. Yet most of us tend to treat sleep as a luxury sacrificing sleep to our demanding schedules. Many choose to take herbal sleeping tablets to provide restful sleep.
Numerous studies indicate that sleep influences many aspects of our health including:
- Affecting our ability to keep blood sugar balanced
- Lowers our body's resistance to infection
- Poor sleep quality impacts our heart
- Ability to focus and concentrate
- Energy and productivity during the day
Benefits of Sleep Tight Plus:
- Helps with relaxation
- Contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue and may improve sleep quality
- Supports longer and deeper sleep
- Aims to leave you feeling refreshed in the morning
- Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- Dairy and Soy free
Sleep Tight Plus Key Ingredients:
- Magnesium - contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Valerian Root Extract - Valerian is one of the most frequently studied plant extracts and widely used within herbal supplements supporting sleep.
- Passion flower - has a long history of traditional use as a calming herb.
- OatStraw - contains compounds that may help with sleep induction.
- Magnolia Bark Extract - has potent anti-stress effects, working to physically relax muscles and nerves as well as balance stress hormone levels in the body.
- Ashwagandha - known as an adaptogen, has potent muscle-relaxing properties, ashwagandha may also help to enhance energy levels during the day.
- Tart cherries provide relaxing magnesium and are a rich source of naturally occurring melatonin, our sleep hormone.
- Hops are known for their potent sedative properties. Hops are used as a sedative and to induce sleep, exclusively based on longstanding use as a traditional remedy.
- Theanine may help stimulate the production of alpha waves, which create a deep sense of relaxation.
Find out more about Sleep Tight Plus in Shabir Daya MRPharmS (Victoria Health's pharmacist) articles:
Directions: As a food supplement, adults, take two capsules one hour before bedtime, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Do not take Sleep Tight Plus if you are already taking other medicines for sleep or anxiety. Sleep Tight Plus capsules should be taken continuously for 2-4 weeks as effects may not occur straightway for some people.
If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are talking medication, consult your healthcare professional prior to use. Do not operate heavy machinery or drive whilst taking Sleep Tight. Do not take if you are already taking other medicines for sleep or anxiety. Not recommended for consumption with alcoholic beverages. Ingredients may make you feel drowsy. Do not take if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF YOUNG CHILDREN. Store sealed in a cool, dry and dark place. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Allergen: Oats.
|Ingredients Per 2 Capsules:
|Valerian Root Extact 4:1
|Hypromellose (vegetarian capsule)
|Magnolia Bark Extract 50%
|Magnesium (from Magnesium Citrate)
|Vegetable Magnesium Stearate
|In a base of Alfalfa
*NRV = Nutrient Reference Value
mg = milligram. Allergens: Oats.
What does VH Sleep Tight Plus contain, and how does it work?
VH Sleep Tight Plus is a food supplement containins magnesium which contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue, as well as a blend of herbal ingredients including hops, valerian, and passion flower.
Is VH Sleep Tight Plus a medicine?
Sleep Tight Plus is classified as a food supplement in the UK.
How long does it take for VH Sleep Tight Plus to start working?
Generally, Sleep Tight Plus is found to be effective after one to two week of use. As all individuals may vary we say to allow up to four weeks of continious use in order to experience benefits such as a reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
Can powder-filled capsules be opened and put in a drink?
You can, and it is still possible that you derive benefit from the nutrients. However, the product was not designed for ingestion in this manner and some may find the taste objectionable because the product is very potent. Please ensure that you do not take with a hot drink as food supplements really should only be taken with cold drinks.
Is Sleep Tight Plus safe to use?
It’s important to use the product in accordance with the instructions and warnings on the pack. If you are on medication, please speak to your healthcare profestional first. This food supplement is intended for adults only. Do not operate heavy machinery or drive whilst taking Sleep Tight. Do not take if you are already taking other medicines for sleep or anxiety. Not recommended for consumption with alcoholic beverages. Ingredients may make you feel drowsy. Do not take if you are allergic to any of the ingredients
Can I use more than one sleep aid product at once?
Do not take Sleep Tight Plus if you are already taking other medicines for sleep or anxiety.
I am celiac, can I use Sleep Tight Plus?
Oatstraw is generally considered safe for everyday use; however, people with celiac disease should be cautious with its use due to possible cross-contamination with gluten cereals. As a result we note Oats as an allergen.
What else should I do to support a good nights sleep?
Sleep hygiene and lifestyle changes are sometimes necessary for treating insomnia and reliance on food supplements alone is not always enough. A few sleep hygiene guides include, but are not limited to: Establish a quiet, relaxing bedtime routine, relax your body, make your bedroom conducive to sleep, put clocks in your bedroom out of sight, avoid caffeine after noon, and limit alcohol to 1 drink several hours before bedtime, avoid smoking, get regular exercise.
Can I take VH Sleep Tight Plus in the middle of the night?
You can take VH Sleep Tight Plus during the night if you still have time to get a full night’s sleep (around 7- 8 hours). In general, it is best to take VH Sleep Tight Plus in line with the instructions on pack, before you go to bed.
I have taken for four weeks and I cannot sleep. What should I do?
If your insomnia worsens or persists after 4 weeks, speak to your doctor.