Lemon Myrtle essential oil has an exquisitely uplifting and refreshing aroma with an wide variety of benefits.
Beyond the aroma, Lemon Myrtle Oil is a potent anti-microbial agent with one of the highest levels of Citral (up to 98%) in a natural essential oil. Studies at Charles Sturt University in Australia have shown Lemon Myrtle Oil to have 30% more anti-bacterial activity than tea tree oil.
In topical use, Organic Lemon Myrtle Oil should be diluted with a carrier oil at a level of one drop to 10ml carrier oil. This diluted oil can be used for various skin conditions and fungal infections such as athlete's foot, molluscum and veruccas. If irritation occurs then discontinue use.
Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil Benefits:
- For personal protection - against germs and bacteria apply a few drops onto a handkerchief
- For sore throats - add one drop to a glass of water and gargle
- Aromatherapy, Oil burner for invigorating and revitalising air freshness.
- Massage oil 1 drop per 20ml carrier oil, discontinue use if irritation occurs.
- Topical use such as for molluscum & verruca, 1 drop per 10ml carrier oil, discontinue use if irritation occurs.
- Potpourri add a few drops for a freshening, cleansing scent.
- Household use, Air freshener add a few drops to water in spray bottle.
- Kitchen Smells use oil burner to freshen kitchen after cooking.
- Floor washing several drops into bucket of hot water.
- Mould remover add drops to remover bottle, spray and walk away.
- Vacuum bag cloths add 2 or 3 drops to cleanse and freshen.
- Unpleasant odours a drop in the toilet or sink.