Lemon Myrtle essential oil has an exquisitely uplifting and refreshing aroma and powerful antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-fungal properties that can help with the treatment of various skin conditions.
Beyond the aroma, Lemon Myrtle Oil is a potent anti-microbial agent with one of the highest levels of Citral (up to 98%) in a natural essential oil. Studies at Charles Sturt University in Australia have shown Lemon Myrtle Oil to have 30% more anti-bacterial activity than tea tree oil.
In topical use, Organic Lemon Myrtle Oil should be diluted with a carrier oil at a level of one drop to 10ml carrier oil. This diluted oil can be used for various skin conditions and fungal infections such as athlete's foot, molluscum and veruccas. If irritation occurs then discontinue use.
Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil Suggested Uses:
- For personal protection - against germs and bacteria apply a few drops onto a handkerchief
- For sore throats - add one drop to a glass of water and gargle
- Aromatherapy, Oil burner for invigorating and revitalising air freshness.
- Massage oil 1 drop per 20ml carrier oil, discontinue use if irritation occurs.
- Topical use such as for molluscum & verruca, 1 drop per 10ml carrier oil, discontinue use if irritation occurs.
- Potpourri add a few drops for a freshening, cleansing scent.
- Household use, Air freshener add a few drops to water in spray bottle.
- Kitchen Smells use oil burner to freshen kitchen after cooking.
- Floor washing several drops into bucket of hot water.
- Mould remover add drops to remover bottle, spray and walk away.
- Vacuum bag cloths add 2 or 3 drops to cleanse and freshen.
- Unpleasant odours a drop in the toilet or sink.
Discontinue use if irritation occurs. Do not apply to broken skin.
100% pure lemon myrtle essential oil.
If pregnant, or breastfeeding consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights. Store in a cool dry place out of sunlight. For external use only, unless specified.