Containing the proprietary LithoLexal® extract, and with added Vercilexal®, Joint Health is an easily absorbed food supplement formulated to support the health and maintenance of joints for women and men of all ages.
Collagen formation is important for the normal function of cartilage; however, external factors may have a negative impact on collagen formation. Normally, the cartilage protects the adjacent bones; however, if your cartilage deteriorates, your joints lose flexibility. If the bone surfaces touch, it will result in pain and inflammation in the surrounding tissues.
LithoLexal® Advanced provides 1,875 mg of the proprietary marine extract LithoLexal® (a plant-derived complex) and 10 mg of Vercilexal® (cartilage-specific proteoglycans); furthermore, the formulation provides Manganese and Vitamin C to support the natural collagen formation and the development of cartilage, the flexible connective tissue important for the normal function of healthy joints.
Benefits of Litholexal Joint Health Advanced:
- Maintaining normal cartilage throughout life
- For the normal function of joints
- Healthy Ageing Award Ingredient of the Year
- Plant-based and drug-free
- Formulated for both women and men of all ages.
Directions: As a food supplement, take two Litholexal Joint Health tablets daily (1 in the morning and 1 tablet in the evening) with water after food.
Allergy advice: Contains fish. Daily dose should not be exceeded. Store below 25° in a dry place out of direct sunlight. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Keep out of reach and sight of young children. Pregnant or lactating women along with anyone on medication should consult their doctor or healthcare professional before taking food supplements.
- LithoLexal® 1,875 mg
- Calcium 600 mg
- Magnesium 41 mg
- Vitamin C 24 mg
- Vercilexal® 10 mg
- Vitamin D 15 mcg
- Manganese 0.3 mg
Ingredient List (in full)
LithoLexal® (fractionated marine extract), ascorbic acid, Vercilexal® (fish cartilage proteoglycans), manganese sulphate, cholecalciferol, bulking agents (microcrystalline cellulose; crosslinked sodium carboxy methyl cellulose), glazing agents (magnesium salts of fatty acids; hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose; glycerol).
Allergy advice: Contains fish.
What is LithoLexal®?
LithoLexal® is a multi-molecular, bioactive, slow-release calcium complex. Utilising a slow-release nanoparticulate matrix, as the extract is digested, the nanoparticles peel away fully in tact, like an onion. This is critical to how the multi-molecular complex exerts its range of bioactive properties.
What makes LithoLexal® better than alternatives?
Thanks to the bioactive properties of LithoLexal®, there are a raft of benefits that won’t be found in alternative joint health products:
- Clinically proven - LithoLexal® is supported by over 25 bespoke scientific and clinical studies that demonstrate the effectiveness of the unique extract – unlike alternative joint products, such as Glucosamine and Chondroitin, that have no approved scientific data or claims.
- Demonstrated superior effectiveness vs Glucosamine - In a clinical study, performed on patients with moderate to severe knee Osteoarthritis, LithoLexal® showed significant improvements in areas such as pain, stiffness and mobility, when compared to glucosamine.
- Contributes to a significant reduction in use of NSAIDs - It’s fairly typical for people who suffer from joint conditions such as osteoarthritis to use NSAIDs (such as Ibuprofen) over long periods, or indefinitely. In another clinical trial, LithoLexal® demonstrated significant improvements in joint mobility and walking distances following a 50% reduction in NSAIDs when compared to another group using a placebo.
- Inhibits expression of pro-inflammatory factors - Thanks to the unique bioactive properties of the LithoLexal® extract, one unique function is it’s ability to suppress the expression of the COX-2 inflammatory pathway. What this means is an effective and natural anti-inflammatory effect.
- Vercilexal® – Joint specific Proteoglycans - LithoLexal® Joint Health also contains another proprietary ingredient – Vercilexal®. Providing chains of Aggrecan and Versican proteoglycans, those present in the cartilage tissue of the joint capsule, and a contributor to the structure of cartilage, LithoLexal® Joint Health contributes to the normal maintenance of cartilage.
- With Vitamin C and Manganese - In order to complete the formula, LithoLexal® Joint Health contains vitamin C and Manganese, two ingredients noted for their properties in the function, support and maintenance of connective tissues – such as those found in the joints.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.