TerraNova Bilberry, Lutein & Astaxanthin, 50 capsules, is a scientifically formulated supplement for eyes which provides nutrients for the maintenance of healthy vision & eye health.
Bilberry, Lutein & Astaxanthin is a high potency formula supportive of and protective to the eye tissues.
- Bilberry Fruit - Anthocyanins, the deep blue pigments abundant in bilberries, have been the subject of a great deal of research, especially with respect to their potential applications in maintenance of healthy eyes, circulation and connective tissue. Bilberry anthocyanins also possess powerful antioxidant properties. Bilberries have the second highest content of naturally-occurring anthocyanins of any plant currently tested (second only to aronia berries). The average content in dried bilberries has been reported to be approximately 2.9%, compared to 4.3% in the freeze dried bilberries used by TerraNova.
- Kale - is a potent natural source of vitamins for eye health such as the antioxidant carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin and sulphur.
- Acai Berry - is one of the highest ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) value fruits with significant levels of vitamin E and anthocyanin flavonoids. In fact, a 2006 study reported that acai had the highest ORAC value against superoxide radicals of any plant previously tested. Superoxide radicals have a detrimental effect on eye health.
- Watercress - contains remarkably high quantities of the antioxidant carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Stabilised Rice Bran (SRB) - contains more than 100 known antioxidants, many which are important to the maintenance of eye health. Numerous carotenoids, tocotrienols, tocopherols, alpha lipoic acid (which also recycles antioxidants such as vitamins C and E), coenzyme Q10 and the enzymes superoxide dismutase (SOD), peroxidase and catalase are among the most significant.
Directions: Take two capsules daily.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Does not contain wheat, gluten, soy, yeast, dairy, gelatin, additives, sugar, colours, flavours or preservatives.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare professional before taking.
Food supplements are not to be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the daily dose.