Total Sweet xylitol powder is made of 100% natural Xylitol and nothing else. Total Sweet xylitol natural sugar alternative is much lower in calories and available carbohydrates than sugar, making it a healthy alternative for use in tea, coffee, baking and cooking. Xylitol powder is ideal if you’re trying to lose weight or are a diabetic.
Xylitol is found naturally in fruits and plants and has a GI (Glycaemic Index) value of just seven. It is significantly lower in calories and carbohydrates than sugar. As it releases energy slowly, it has a negligible effect on the body's insulin levels and is often used in keto diets. Studies show that xylitol sweetener may even help promote healthy teeth, and has potential in the treatment of osteoporosis by helping to increase bone density.
Total Sweet looks and tastes like sugar and can be used wherever sugar is normally used such as in tea, coffee, baking and cooking. This product is Kosher.
Benefits of Xylitol:
- Total Sweet Xylitol makes it easy to cut down on sugar: whether you want to lose weight or cut down on your sugar intake, Total Sweet Xylitol can help. Swapping your sugar for Xylitol lets you enjoy an indulgent cake, sprinkle of sweetness on your cereal, or cup of tea just how you like it with less calories and carbs.
- Total Sweet Xylitol offers steady energy release: it has less ‘available’ carbohydrates (those absorbed and used by the body) and 40% less calories compared to normal sugar. It has the lowest GI value of all sugar alternatives on the market and is about 10 times lower than sugar. This means it doesn’t affect your blood sugar levels as dramatically as sugar does.
- Total Sweet Xylitol promotes healthy teeth: Xylitol is already an ingredient in many chewing gums, toothpastes, mints and mouth washes for its dental benefits. It can help to create an alkaline environment in the mouth, which can help reduce cavities and prevent plaque build-up. It can also help the mouth absorb calcium and other minerals that help your teeth stay strong and healthy.
- You can cook with Total Sweet Xylitol: replace sugar ‘one for one’ in your baking for less calorific cakes, biscuits and other treats.
- Total Sweet Xylitol respects the environment: the European birch and beech wood used to make Xylitol are sustainably grown for paper making, and Xylitol is merely a bi-product. No trees are specifically cut down to make this sugar alternative. Total Sweet have also helped to plant over 50,000 trees to date through the Trees For The Future organisation – and that’s pretty sweet!
- Made from natural, sustainable birch wood
Excessive consumption may have a laxative effect.
Xylitol. Always read the label before use
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.