Carnation Silversocks contain pure silver, a naturally occurring element. The textile fibres incorporated in the sock have been completely and universally coated with pure silver. This construction means the silver is on the outside of the fibre allowing its many natural benefits and properties to perform at their optimum. Carnation Silversocks are high quality finished textile socks for everyday wear, just like ordinary socks. The X-Static Silver within the sock is permanent and irreversibly bonded, becoming a physical part of the fibre. It will not wash off, wear off or diminish in effectiveness over time and will last the lifetime of the product.
Silversocks help to conduct heat through the feet and are especially useful for people with poor circulation especially diabetics.
- Keeps your feet cooler in Summer and warmer in Winter
- The silver within the socks has the best possible thermodynamic properties, regulating the temperature within the shoe.
- Carnation Silversocks make it possible to use the existing energy generated by the feet and the environment to actively regulate temperature through heat transfer.
- Maintaining a regulated temperature can help reduce the risk of blistering caused by excessive friction and heat build up. Silversocks will keep feet cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- No more sweaty feet
- Carnation Silversocks’ hydrophobic yarn system allows a greater amount of moisture to be drawn through the fibres for subsequent evaporation. As a result moisture is transferred away from the body faster, creating a more comfortable environment for your feet. Designed for anyone that suffers from excessively sweaty feet.
Antimicrobial & Anti-Odour
- No more smelly feet
- Silver is recognised in the medical community as a very effective antimicrobial agent, proven to kill over 400 different types of bacteria. The X-Static Silver fibres use pure silver to inhibit the growth of odour-causing bacteria and fungi in the socks.
- Bacteria are only one source of foot odour. Ammonia and denatured proteins are also significant causes of odour in hosiery products.
- Carnation Silversocks neutralise ammonia and denatured proteins because both bind readily to silver resulting in instant odour reduction.
- X-Static Silver eliminates 99.9% of bacteria in less than one hour of exposure.
- Carnation Silversocks reduce static electricity and electrostatic discharge. Silver is the most electrically conductive element. Electrical charges normally created by two non-conductive materials rubbing together are instantly dissipated by X-Static Silver so socks stay static free.
- X-Static is made with pure silver and contains no chemicals. It is safe for people and for the environment.
- The Original Silversock
- Machine washable
Our in-house pharmacist, Shabir Daya has written an article about Silversocks:
None noted. Keep out of reach of children.
Cuxson Gerrard & Co. Ltd. was founded in 1878 and has pioneered many new product developments, earning a reputation for reliability and quality.
The company is a leader in the research, development and manufacture of adhesive coated dressings, specialising in medicated dressings and adhesive paddings for podiatry and medical use. Cuxson Gerrard manufacture an extensive range of respirators (face masks) which cover a wide variety of industrial applications and are suppliers of a comprehensive range of first aid products.
The headquarters in Oldbury, West Midlands, United Kingdom combines administrative offices with modern purpose built manufacturing facilities and a research and development laboratory maintaining the company’s position as the leading producer of adhesive paddings to the podiatry profession worldwide.
The manufacture of healthcare products demands maintenance of high standards of operation. Cuxson Gerrard is committed to ensuring that products are consistently of the highest standard.
The company is accredited to ISO13485, holds pharmaceutical manufacturing and wholesale dealers licences and manufactures all products to the highest standards of Good Manufacturing Practice within the strictly controlled manufacturing environment. The Quality Assurance system controlling all starting materials, processes and finished products is vital to product success.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.