Optibac Probiotic Saccharomyces Boulardii is aclaimed as the probiotic of choice in the treatment of diarrhoea. It works quickly and does not cause constipation, a common complaint with users of anti-diarrhoea drugs. In addition, S. boulardii helps to boost immunity.
This strain has been internationally acclaimed as a well-researched and unique microorganism, and has been safely used for the last 50 years. Saccharomyces boulardii is a natural food supplement, and not a medicine.
Optibac Probiotics Saccharomyces Boulardii is a unique microorganism which is sold widely in the US, Scandinavia, Germany & France. This microorganism is more robust to environmental stressors than more common bacterial live cultures, and shows strong resistance to heat, humidity and stomach acidity levels. These live cultures of S. boulardii have been tested and shown to be especially stable and resistant.
Benefits of Optibac Probiotics Saccharomyces Boulardi:
- Each capsule contains 5 billion live cultures of pure Saccharomyces boulardii guaranteed until end of expiry
- Saccharomyces boulardii is an extremely well-researched, internationally acclaimed friendly yeast
- It has been used safely around the world for over 50 years
- Scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut
- Complements your natural gut bacteria
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required
- Suitable from 1 year onwards
- Can be used intensively or on an ongoing basis
Directions: Take 1 capsule daily. May be increased up to 6 capsules daily as desired (depending on severity of symptoms) or as professionally directed. For young children the dose should be lowered: 1 capsule daily, may be increased up to 3 capsules daily. If taking anti-fungals, take separately (at least 2 hours apart). For those unable to swallow capsules, open and mix contents with a cool drink/food.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions eg. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or to patients with open wounds following major surgery unless under a doctor's care.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. If pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare professional before taking.
Food supplements are not to be used as a substitute for a varied, balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the daily dose.
Live Cultures: Saccharomyces Boulardii (275mg), Vegetarian Capsule: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose.