Floradix Liquid Iron Formula is a delicious liquid iron supplement suitable for use by adults, pregnant and nursing mothers as well as children. Floradix Liquid Iron Formula is a nutritious food supplement, which provides organic iron, extracts of carefully selected herbs, delicious fruits, vitamins, specially cultured yeast and ocean kelp. In addition, it contains extracts of wheat germ and rose hips. Iron, vitamin B2, B6, B12 and C contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
Key Benefits of Floradix Liquid Iron Formula:
- Floradix contains organic iron (II) from ferrous gluconate, vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12 and C. Iron, vitamins B2, B6, B12 and C contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and to normal energy-yielding metabolism. In addition, iron contributes to normal red blood cell (supported by vitamins B6 and B12) and haemoglobin formation. Furthermore, vitamin C increases iron absorption
- Floradix liquid contains iron from ferrous gluconate which is a particularly absorbable form
- Floradix is easy to take and helps safeguard the balance of iron and vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12 and C
- As these nutrients are already dissolved, they are absorbed more quickly by the digestive system compared to tablets
- Floradix contains selected herbs and several fruit juice concentrates for a pleasant taste
- Floradix contains no alcohol, preservatives, colourings or artificial flavourings. It is lactose free and suitable for vegetarians
- Floradix is particularly beneficial for women, including expectant and lactating mothers, children, adolescents, the elderly, convalescents, vegetarians and those with an active lifestyle
Directions: As a food supplement, to maximise iron absorption, take Floradix Liquid Iron on an empty stomach either 30 minutes before a meal or two hours after a meal. Adults and children over 12 years: 10ml twice daily. Children aged 6-12 years: 10ml once daily. For children aged 3-5 years: 5ml once daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Also available in a 250-ml size.
Food supplements are not intended to treat or prevent any disease. We recommend that you should seek medical advice from a qualified healthcare professional before you start taking any dietary supplements, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are currently taking medication of any kind. Always read the product directions before use and do not exceed the recommended intake. Food supplements should not be taken as an alternative to a balanced diet. Keep out of reach of children. Not suitable for hemochromatosis sufferers. This product contains iron, which if taken in excess, may be harmful to very young children.
Aqueous herbal extract (54 %) from:
- Carrot root (Daucus carota), nettle leaf (Urtica dioica), spinach leaf(Spinacia oleracea), couch grass root, (Agropyron repens), fennel fruit, (Foeniculum vulgare), kelp thallus, (Macrocystis pyrifera),roselle flower(Hibiscus sabdariffa).
Mixture of fruit juice concentrates (29 %) of:
- Pear, grape, blackcurrant juice, blackberry, cherry, orange, red beet, carob extract, water, lemon, apple.
Aqueous yeast extract, honey, aqueous rosehip soft extract (Rosa canina), containing 4 % vitamin C, iron (as ferrous gluconate), wheat germ extract, vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid), natural flavours, thiamin, (as thiamin hydrochloride), riboflavin, (as riboflavin 5′-phosphate, sodium), vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride), vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamine).
Can I take it alongside my medication?
If you are already on medication, you should always consult a GP or pharmacist before taking a herbal or nutritional supplement to check whether there are any known contra-indications. It is also advisable to check the insert leaflet with your medication.
Is Floradix Liquid Iron Formula suitable for vegetarians and vegans?
Yes, this is suitable for vegetarians but not vegans.
Is Floradix Liquid Iron Formula dairy-free and lactose-free?
Yes, it is both dairy-free and lactose-free.
Why do liquid products need to be refrigerated?
Floradix products are completely free of any chemical preservatives and therefore to prevent the product from going off, it is important that once opened the bottles should be refrigerated and stored upright. Once opened, the liquid supplements should be used within 4 weeks. The fresh plant juices, should also be refrigerated and used within 2 weeks. Prior to opening, you can store the bottles in a cool, dry place (15-25 ̊C)
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.