Pharmanord's Bio-InfluZinc + C Pastilles contains organically bound bio-available zinc and a natural source of vitamin C from Acerola cherry extract. Zinc and Vitamin C contribute to the normal function of the immune system, and to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
Bio-InfluZinc Pastilles ensure fast delivery of the active ingredients to the mucous membranes in the oral cavity and throat, they dissolve slowly in the mouth and have a pleasant orange flavour. High, acute intake of Influ-Zinc may be useful for brief periods of 7-10 days, depending on the circumstances.
Zinc is an essential mineral and a trace element that is primarily found in cells and, to a lesser extent, in cellular fluid throughout the body. For instance, our white and red blood cells contain a substantial amount of zinc. Together with copper, zinc is an important constituent of the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD).
Zinc has many different functions in the human body and supports about 200 different enzymes, including enzymes that are necessary for metabolizing nutrients and enzymes that are important for translation and expression of genetic coding. These are some of the most important functions of zinc:
- Contributes to a normal well-functioning immune system.
- Part of normal DNA-synthesis and cell specialisation.
- Contributes to protecting cells from oxidative stress.
- Contributes to normal vitamin A metabolism.
- Contributes to a normal acid-base balance.
- Support the maintenance of normal nails, bones, hair, skin and vision.
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin, which was given the name ascorbic acid, when it was discovered. The term refers to the fact that it is an acid that prevents scurvy. Vitamin C has also other important functions such as:
- Supporting a normal well-functioning immune system.
- Protecting the body's cells against oxidative stress.
- Contributing to reducing fatigue and tiredness.
- Supporting a normal energy metabolism.
- Supporting a normal fucntioning of the nervous system.
- Helping regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E in the body
Benefits of Pharmanord Bio-InfluZinc + C Pastilles:
- Manufactured to pharmaceutical standards.
- Contains active ingredients from natural sources.
- Acerola cherries are known for their exceptionally high vitamin C content, 30 times that of an orange!
- IMMUNE Balance plus - documented product quality and bio-availability.
- Kosher certified
- Suitable for vegetarians.
- Pastilles: The preparation has the form of a clear coated, pale orange oval pastille
Dosage: Three to six Pharma Nord Bio-InfluZinc + C pastilles to be taken daily at the onset of a cold, continue for between 7 to 10 days or when symptoms subside.
Side Effects: None known.
Each Pharma Nord Bio-Influenza pastille contains: Zinc 2.5mg, Vitamin C 15mg, Other ingredients: Xylitol, Maltodextrin, Glycine, Acerola powdered extract (source of Vitamin C), Orange Flavour, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Stearate.