Vitabiotics Wellteen for Her is a supplement containing 25 nutrients to help 13-19 year olds in sports, study, recovering from late nights and getting them up for early mornings.
Today's young adults have more to live up to than ever before, with busy social lives, late nights and early mornings, studying and sports to juggle. Ensuring a healthy, balanced diet is essential but it's not always a priority in a hectic teenage lifestyle. Wellteen Her has been developed especially for teenagers and young women aged 13-19 years, it provides a comprehensive range of vitamins, minerals to help support daily nutritional requirements plus Co-Q10, L-Carnitine, Grapeseed and Cranberry extracts.
Key Benefits of Wellteen for Her:
- Teenagers And Diet - An optimum nutritional intake during adolescence and young adulthood can help set the stage for lifelong health. Teenagers need to have sufficient vitamins and minerals to ensure healthy development during growth spurts, plus as they undergo significant physical and biochemical changes in their bodies, the necessity for nutrients greatly increases. The teenage years are perhaps the most significant in terms of hormonal change, and of course emotional stress.
- Supporting Female Health - Wellteen Her is a carefully balanced formula to help maintain vitality and wellness. It provides vitamin B6 which contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity. It also includes iron which contributes to the normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin. Government surveys have indicated that the diet of some teenagers may be low in certain nutrients including iron. This is especially true for young women as iron becomes even more vital during puberty, when menstruation commences, and is an important consideration during the monthly cycle.
- Skin And Hair Support - Certain nutrients are of great importance to help maintain healthy looking skin, hair and nails. Wellteen Her provides biotin which contributes to the maintenance of normal skin, plus selenium and zinc which contribute to normal hair and nails.
- Reduction Of Tiredness And Fatigue And Immune Support - Juggling studies, sports and a busy social life takes its toll. Wellteen Her includes vitamins B6, B12 and vitamin C which contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. A range of nutrients including zinc, selenium, iron, folic acid, vitamins B6 & B12 and vitamin D contribute to the normal function of the immune system. Recent research has shown that optimum dietary levels of vitamin D may be higher than previously thought, Wellteen Her provides an effective level of vitamin D with 800IU (20µg) of the preferred D3 form.
- Cognitive Function - Wellteen Her includes zinc, iron and iodine which contribute to normal cognitive function, whilst pantothenic acid contributes to normal mental performance to help support concentration levels when studying. Iron also contributes to normal formation of red blood cells & haemoglobin and contributes to normal oxygen transport in the body to support cells and organs.
- Bone Health - Health research shows that even a short period of very strict "dieting" during early teens can lead to low bone density, which causes weak bones in later life. Between 12-17 years of age, up to 90 percent of adult bone mass is laid down, so this is not a time to limit the intake of calcium or vitamin D which help to maintain normal bone health. Wellteen Her tablets include vitamin D and minerals such as magnesium and zinc which contribute to the maintenance of normal bone health. Vitamin D also helps the body with the absorption and utilisation of calcium from the diet.
- B6, B12 & Vitamin C: Contribute to normal energy release and reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Iron: Contributes to normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin
- Biotin: Contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
- Selenium & Zinc: Contribute to normal hair and nails
- Zinc, Iron & Iodine: Contribute to normal cognitive function
- Specialist Nutrients: Co-Q10, L-Carnitine, Grapeseed and Cranberry extracts
Direction: As a food supplement, take one tablet per day with your main meal, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Swallow with water or a cold drink. Not to be chewed. Do not exceed the recommended intake. To be taken on a full stomach. there is no need to take an additional multivitamin.
Food supplements must not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. As with other food supplements, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using if you are under medical supervision, have epilepsy, a thyroid condition, haemochromatosis, suffer from food allergies or are allergic to any of the ingredients. Not suitable for children. Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold on base of carton. Made in a site that may handle nuts. This product contains iron, which if taken in excess, may be harmful to very young children. Store below 25°C in a dry place, out of sight and reach of children.
Maltodextrin, Magnesium Oxide, Bulking Agent: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid [Carriers: Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose & Tartaric Acid]), Silicon Dioxide, L-Carnitine Tartrate, Ferrous Fumarate, Zinc Sulphate, Tablet Coating: (Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Capric/Caprilic Triglycerides, Colours [Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]), Crosslinked Cellulose Gum, Niacin (as Nicotinamide), Anti-Caking Agents: Stearic Acid & Magnesium Stearate, Grape Seed Extract, Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acid Succinate) (from Soya), Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl), Betacarotene (Starch, Water, Antioxidant: DL-Alpha Tocopherol), Thiamin (Vitamin B1 as Mononitrate), Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol [Carriers: Acacia, Sucrose, Starch, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Antioxidant: DL-Alpha Tocopherol), Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Salt), Manganese Sulphate, Cranberry Extract, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Copper Sulphate, Coenzyme Q10, Folic Acid (as Pteroylmonoglutamic Acid), Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin). Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
Why is it that young people can benefit from a nutritional supplement?
Government surveys have indicated that teenager's diets can sometimes be low in certain nutrients such as iron, vitamin A and vitamin D. Many teenagers are also not eating the recommended 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day and so may not be getting all of the vital nutrients that their bodies need for long term health and development. Some foods may have a lower than expected nutritional content and be low in certain micronutrients as a result of several factors including modern farming practices, the lengthy storage of 'fresh' food before it is sold in some shops and cooking which can cause certain nutrients to breakdown. It is important to promote a healthy diet and lifestyle and encourage positive eating and exercise habits for later in life. Food supplements are of course not a substitute for a healthy balanced diet.
Should I take Vitabiotics Wellteen with any other supplements?
Calcium is an essential mineral and contributes to the maintenance of normal bones. However, it has not been included in the Wellteen Him formula, as it is not possible to include the right amount in one tablet. Rather than including just a token amount of calcium, Wellteen Him has been designed so that it can be taken alongside Vitabiotics Osteocare.
I cannot swallow the tablet. Do you have any suggestions?
Difficulty in swallowing tablets is quite a common experience. Vitabiotics have researched this extensively and recommend after chewing some food (e.g. banana), just before you swallow, pop the tablet into your mouth and swallow it together with the chewed food, followed by some liquid. The throat opens up wider to swallow the chewed food and so the tablet should go down with greater ease. Alternatively, the tablets may be swallowed with thicker liquids such as yoghurts or smoothies.
Are there any side effects of Vitabiotics Wellteen?
Wellteen Her tablets have no known side-effects when taken as directed. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake. In case of overdose, seek medical advice immediately. As with all supplements, seek professional advice before using if you are under medical supervision, pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from any food allergies. Do not take if you are allergic to soya.
What is the suggested age range for Vitabiotics Wellteen Her?
Wellteen Her has been specifically formulated to provide a comprehensive range of micronutrients, vitamins and minerals to help support the daily nutritional requirements of teenagers and young women aged 13-19 years.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.