L-Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid and is involved in more metabolic processes than any other amino acid.
L-Glutamine, available in powder, tablet and capsule forms of supplements is used for mood swings,anxiety and mild depression. The most abundant amino acid in the gut, l-glutamine is thought to help repair the cells and thus alleviate IBS.
Benefits of L-Glutamine:
- • Improves concentration since glutamine is converted by the brain into glutamic acid, a major fuel source for the brain tissues.
- • The cells of the intestine use glutamine as their fuel. Glutamine is therefore necessary for cellular regeneration and repair helping a variety of concerns including leaky gut syndrome and IBS.
- • Glutamine nourishes the large numbers of immune cells helping to support the immune system.
- • Glutamine may elevate growth hormone secretion which aids muscle growth and faster recovery from all sports activities.
- • Glutamine has been shown to speed the healing of digestive ulcers.
L-Glutamine dosage range: 500-5000 mg per day.