Life Extension Skin Restoring Ceramides hydrate and smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The ceramides naturally present in our skin give it that young, supple appearance. Wheat contains these same ceramides, but you can't get enough from wheat in your diet to make a difference. Skin Restoring Ceramides is a convenient oral supplement that smooths the appearance of wrinkles, hydrating and revitalizing your skin from within.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Smooths the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Promotes healthy skin hydration and comfort
- Encourages healthy ceramide levels in aging skin
- Delivers 350 mg of gluten-free ceramides per serving
- Contains concentrated, clinically studied wheat ceramides
- More facts about Skin Restoring Ceramides
Ceramides play an important part in your skin's role as a protective barrier, helping to bind together the cells that make up the surface of your skin. These nourishing oils help retain moisture and protect your skin. But ceramide levels naturally decrease as we age making it hard to maintain smooth, supple, healthy skin as we age.
- In a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, healthy women took 350 mg of ceramide extract once a day for 12 weeks. At the end of the study, these women experienced a smoothing of wrinkles, improved skin hydration and objectively smoother, healthier-looking skin. And many subjects reported healthy-looking skin eight weeks after the study's end, demonstrating a lasting benefit from ceramide supplementation.
- In a different double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial, 50 healthy women took 350 mg of ceramide oil every day for 3 months. They showed measurable improvements in skin hydration on their arms and legs, and reported smoother, suppler, and healthier-looking skin. In another study, clinical evaluation found marked improvements in skin scaling and roughness, and a dramatic reduction in itching in the ceramide group compared to placebo. Electrochemical analysis revealed significantly improved hydration in the ceramide group as well.
Our in-house pharmacist, Shabir Daya has written three articles about Skin Restoring Ceramides:
- Alleviating Eczema And Psoriasis
- Beauty supplements to boost your skin
- Does A Lack Of Beauty Sleep Affect Skin?
Directions: As a food supplement, take one Skin Restoring Ceramides capsule daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare professional. This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, gluten, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, yeast, or corn. Contains NO sugar, and no artificial sweeteners, flavours, colours, or preservatives. Do not use if sensitive to wheat.
** This product is gluten free. Although the ceramides are derived from wheat, the levels of gluten in the product are so low that, according to FDA regulations, it is considered gluten-free **
If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your healthcare professional prior to use. Do not exceed the daily dose. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if sensitive to wheat.
Serving Size 1 liquid vegetarian capsule Amount Per Serving Ceratiq wheat (Triticum vulgare) oil extract (providing glycolipids, phytoceramides and glycosylceramides) 350 mg Other ingredients: rice bran oil, vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, rosemary extract. Contains wheat Non-GMO Gluten-free Ceratiq is a registered joint-trademark of PLT Health Solutions and Arco, Robertet Group, France.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.