A.Vogel Po-Ho Essential Oil Inhaler Stick contains a blend of essentials oils to decongest the nose and sinuses.
Essential oils have become extremely popular and are used in many different ways. The key feature of essential oils is that they evaporate at room temperature - this is the reason they smell so pleasant.
Apart from imparting a nice relaxing aroma, essential oils can also help the body in other ways, forming the basis for aromatherapy as a healthcare discipline. In addition, the essential oils of peppermint and eucalyptus have been used traditionally to help maintain clear, cool breathing – particularly during the cold or flu season.
Alfred Vogel first wrote about Po-Ho essential oil in March 1929 in his first magazine, Das Neue Leben (A Fresh Start). The name comes from Po-Ho, the (Mandarin) Chinese for peppermint, one of the five essential oils in this refreshing classic amongst oils.
- Mixture of purely natural, high quality, essential oils
- For inhalation to clear the sinuses
- Can also be rubbed onto the skin
- Available in a 10ml bottle and inhaler stick
Directions: The most popular use of Po-Ho is to inhale the essential oils. This can be done in a number of ways:
- Put a few drops of Po-Ho oil onto a handkerchief or bunched-up tissue, hold it to your nose and inhale. You can also put the essential oil soaked handkerchief into your pillowcase or next to your pillow to help you sleep better
- If you need to inhale an extra boost of essential oils, put one drop of Po-Ho into a steaming-hot bowl of water, lean over, cover your head and bowl with a small towel, and inhale. Do this carefully as the oils can initially feel quite strong to your eyes when you inhale.
- Po-Ho essential oil can also be rubbed onto the front of your upper chest – your body heat will release a constant supply of essential oils for you to inhale. 1 drop of Po-Ho should be mixed with 15 drops of base oil before rubbing onto your chest.
- The easy-to-carry essential oil inhaler stick is a convenient way of using Po-Ho. To use, insert the tip of the inhaler gently into your nostril, close the other nostril and inhale deeply. Repeat with the other nostril. Not suitable for children under 6 years of age.
Not suitable for children under 6 years of age or for those allergic to any of the ingredients.
The few things you should take care of when using Po-Ho are:
- Do not use as eye drops, nose drops or as a nasal spray.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and sensitive skin or other sensitive areas of the body.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after touching the oil.
- Do not use Po-Ho if you are allergic to any of the essential oils or other ingredients of the inhaler stick.
- Best stored in a cool place.
Po-Ho oil for inhalation is a mixture of:
- Peppermint essential oil: 50%
- Eucalyptus essential oil: 30%
- Juniper essential oil: 14%
- Caraway essential oil:4%
- Fennel essential oil: 2%
Po-Ho essential oil inhaler stick also contains limonene, linalool and vitamin E.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.