Lamberts OracOmega® is a high strength fish oil combined with protective plant antioxidants (from green tea, rosemary and oregano extracts), with pure fish oil, omega 3, to create a unique high potency product with an Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity.
- The health benefits of omega 3s supplements only exist if the fatty acids are not oxidised. This is prevented in supplements by careful processing and the exclusion of air by the capsule shell. However, once the omega 3s have been absorbed into the bloodstream they risk being oxidised by highly reactive 'free radicals', turning them from good unsaturated fats into unhealthy saturated fats.
- The body naturally stops this from happening by producing antioxidants which neutralise the free radicals. Many useful antioxidants are nutrients that we obtain from our food, and increasingly the effectiveness of each antioxidant is being measured in Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) units for comparison. Interestingly, certain plant phenolic compounds appear to be more effective antioxidants than vitamins C and E.
- OracOmega® combines a potent level of these plant antioxidants, (from green tea, rosemary and oregano extracts), with our pure fish oil, to create a unique high potency product. Two capsules taken daily will provide an impressive 2,500 ORAC units in addition to a full 760mg of omega 3s, including 390mg of EPA and 260mg of DHA.
- As an added benefit, pure OracOmega® has little or no aftertaste compared to other fish oil capsules.
- Contains fish. The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Yeast and Gluten containing ingredients.
Directions: As a food supplement, take 2 capsules daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Those using prescription blood-thinning medication (anticoagulants) or aspirin should consult their doctor before using Fish Oil.
This product is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women. Allergens: fish.
Two capsules provide: Fish Body Oil Concentrate 1200mg Providing Omega 3 Fatty acids 760mg Of which: Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 390mg Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 260mg ORAC Blend (from: Green Tea Grape Seed Rosemary and Oregano Extracts) Other ingredients: Capsule Shell (Gelatin Glycerin Colours: Titanium Dioxide & Copper Chlorophyll) Non-hydrogenated Vegetable Oil Beeswax Sunflower Lecithin.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.