Rio Amazon Muira Puama (Ptychopetalum olacoides), also named Potency Wood, is a small tree native to the Brazilian Amazon and other parts of South America. It has a long history of traditional use as an energy tonic for the support of physical capacities.
For hundreds of years, indigenous rainforest tribes have used Muira Puama bark or root infusions which contain the highest levels of active compounds. Muira Puama has a long history of traditional use in Brazilian herbal medicine as well as in England, where it is listed in the British Herbal Pharmacopoeia.
The root and bark are rich in EFAs, plant sterols, including beta-sitosterol, and a novel alkaloid called Muirapuamine.
Benefits of Muira Puama capsules:
- Traditionally an energy tonic for physical capacities
- Used in Brazilian and English herbal medicine
- May help with healthy ageing
- Is thought to enhance libido in both men and women
- May be of benefit in those with a declining memory
Dosage: take 4 capsules per day. Take 2 capsules in the morning and a further 2 before bed in the evening. The maximum recommended daily dosage (10 capsules) contains 5000mg Muira Puama powdered bark.