Eskimo 3 Healthy Kids Fish Oil 105ml, previously known as Eskimo 3 Little Cubs Kids Omega 3 Fish Oil 105ml, is a pure stable fish oil suitable for kids aged 3-12 years. Eskimo Healthy Kids Fish Oil is a natural, essential fatty acid supplement formulated specifically for children. Because a child's brain and nervous system has different fatty acid requirements whilst it is growing, Eskimo Kids fish oil reflects these needs with a balance of omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids, which provide the 'building blocks' essential to growth and development.
The fish oil used in Eskimo 3 fish oil is from fresh, deep sea fish and not cultivated. This fish oil supplement for children contains the highest levels of essential fatty acids with antioxidants to protect its stability, and has a tutti-frutti flavour that children love.
The essential fatty acids, Omega 3's, from fish oil play a vital role in the management of inflammatory skin concerns helping to moisturise and calm skin.
Key Features of Eskimo®-3 Healthy Kids:
- 460mg EPA and 280mg DHA per serving, for optimal heart, brain and skin health.
- Omega-3, 6 and 9 to provide the "building blocks" essential to a child's growing brain and nervous system.
- 200IU Vitamin D per serving to support immune function and healthy bones and teeth.
- Comes in a delicious tutti frutti or natural orange flavour.
- Enriched with vitamin E & Pufanox® - antioxidants for incredible freshness and stability.
- Naturally sweetened - no sugar or artificial sweeteners.
Benefits of Choosing Eskimo®-3 Fish Oil:
- Sustainability: Eskimo®-3 oil is of the highest quality from fully traceable sources. The fish for Eskimo®-3 are provided by specialist fisheries that can be traced back to the individual fishing vessel and even the individual taking care of the fish. This traceability has resulted in the Eskimo®-3 range being awarded "Friend of the Sea" certification.
- Fresher for longer: Eskimo®-3 oils are enriched with vitamin E and Pufanox®, an antioxidant blend unique to the Eskimo range, to ensure long term stability. This stability keeps the fish oil fresh once opened.
- Optimally Absorbed: Eskimo®-3 is in triglyceride form meaning it is optimally absorbed. Research has shown that Eskimo®-3 fish oil may be more effective than plain fish oil and a superior way to support heart, brain and vision.
- Pure: Eskimo®-3 is a high quality fish oil made from anchovies, sardines and mackerel, small fish that are naturally low in toxins. The purification process of Eskimo®-3 is carried out close to the fishing grounds where pressing, centrifugation and molecular distillation all take place in accordance with GMP and pharmaceutical standards. State-of-the-art technology is used for the purification procedure meaning Eskimo®-3 products contain no residue from the manufacturing process and are hexane free.
- Scientifically Backed: More than 100 scientific articles have been published in leading medical journals worldwide demonstrating the effects of Eskimo®-3 fish oil and the Eskimo®-3 range.
Directions: As a food supplement, children aged 3-12 take One 5ml teaspoon(5ml) of fish oil daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional. Once opened, keep refrigerated and use within 2 months. Nutri Advanced supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet and healthy lifestyle. Results may vary between individuals. Dairy-Free. Gluten-Free.
Suitable for children aged 3 - 12 years and is ideal for kids who don't manage to eat enough oily fish in their diet.
Contains ingredients derived from:
Do not take if you have an allergy to fish or soy.
The vitamin D3 in this product is from lanolin – a vegetarian source of vitamin D3. Please note, this product is not vegetarian due to other ingredients. Eskimo®-3 Healthy Kids has been Kosher certified.
Not recommended for haemophiliacs. If taking any kind of medication or have a medical condition, consult a healthcare practitioner before using this product.
Omega-3 fatty acids from natural fish oil - 1200mg, providing: EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 460mg, DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) 280mg and ALA (alpha linolenic acid) 230mg; Omega-6 fatty acids from rapeseed oil 510mg of which: LA (linoleic acid) 500mg; Omega-9 fatty acids (Oleic Acid) 1500mg, Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) (200iu) 5mcg, Vitamin E (natural mixed tocopherols) (10iu) 6.7mg. Other ingredients: Ascorbyl Palmitate, Rapeseed oil, Lecithin (Soy), Tocopherol-rich extracts, Extract of rosemary, Tutti frutti flavouring, Alpha-tocopherol.
Why Choose Eskimo®-3 Healthy Kids?
Eskimo®-3 Healthy Kids is an easy way to support children as their brains and body's develop. It's easy to take with a choice of 2 child-friendly flavours and with no fishy taste it's ideal for kids who don't eat much fish. The added vitamin D also provides support for everyday health including immune function and healthy teeth and bones. The Department of Health recommend children over the age of 3 should consider supplementing daily with 10mcg of Vitamin D as it is difficult to achieve the level of Vitamin D required by the body through diet alone. Taking 1 teaspoon daily provides EPA and DHA roughly equivalent to 4 or 5 small portions of oily fish per week. Healthy Kids features omega-3 from pure and stable fish oil, and omega-6 and -9 from plant oils to provide an optimal balance of fatty acids, together with vitamins D to support immune health.
Why Are Essential Fatty Acids Important For Kids' Health?
No longer deemed the bad guys, we now know that dietary fats are absolutely crucial for health, and are especially important for the growing child. One particular type of fats, omega-3s, have become the subject of extensive and ongoing research over recent years. Omega-3s are the fats you find in large quantities in oily fish such as tuna, mackerel and salmon, and they are known to be helpful for virtually all aspects of health including heart, brain, mood, joints, vision and inflammation. However, the typical western diet is low in omega-3s, as we simply don't eat enough fish, in particular the oily fish needed to supply the body with the essential omega-3s it needs. It can be especially difficult to get our children to eat enough oily fish in their diet, so supplementing can be a useful option for supporting their overall health.
What Other Areas Of Health Are Supported?
Omega-3 fatty acids have been well studied, with EPA and DHA having been shown to support healthy cardiovascular function, vision, skin and joint health. Omega-6 and -9 fatty acid are also useful for supporting a healthy brain and nervous system. Vitamin D is important for immune function and healthy bones and teeth.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.