Viridian Vitamin D3 provides 400iu of vegan-friendly kosher natural vitamin D, the recommended daily amount, for maintaining healthy bones and strengthening the immune system.
Health Benefits of Vitamin D:
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, teeth, muscle function and immune function.
- Vitamin D contributes to normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus.
- The classic vitamin D deficiency disease is rickets. Yet as fear of sun-exposure has grown and lifestyles have become more sedentary, exposure to the sun has dropped dramatically and vitamin D deficiency and the incidence of rickets has surged.
- The skin cannot create vitamin D if covered in sunscreen or clothing, it is thought that a sun cream with SPF15 will reduce the skin’s ability to synthesize vitamin D by more than 95%.
- Furthermore, many older people and those with dark skin or those who tend to wear more modest clothing are amongst the population groups that are most likely to suffer sub-optimal vitamin D levels.
Dietary sources include fortified foods, eggs and fatty fish. Most commonly-available Vitamin D3 supplements are derived from the lanolin in sheep’s wool.
This supplement from Viridian Nutrition provides vegan Vitamin D3 naturally-derived from lichen.
Directions: As a food supplement, take one to three capsules daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Vegan Vitamin D3 extracted from Lichen 400iu in a base of Alfalfa, vegetarian cellulose capsule 95mg. 100% Active ingredients.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.