Bach™ Original Flower Remedies Sweet Chestnut is for those with feelings of anguish. Bach™ Flower Remedies is one of 38 flower essences in the Bach™ Flower Remedies collection created by Dr Edward Bach. Bach™ Remedies Sweet Chestnut is for agonising mental anguish, described by Dr Bach™ as 'the hopeless despair of those who feel they have reached the limit of their endurance.' It may take the form of intense sorrow, sufferers can feel almost destroyed by it. Dejection is accompanied by a sense of loneliness and the feeling that the future is bleak and utterly hopeless.
Key Benefits of Bach™ Original Flower Essences:
- Bach™ Original Flower Essences are gentle, and easy to use
- They come in a handy, portable dropper bottle
- 400 uses per pack (20ml)
Directions: As a homeopathic remedy take an individual essence based on your needs, or create a combination of up to seven essences. Place 2 drops in water and sip at intervals. For combination use, add 2 drops of each essence (max 7 essences) into a mixing bottle containing still spring water, and take 4 drops 4 times a day.
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Contains Grape alcohol.
Grape alcohol (approx. 27% v/v), flower extract of Sweet Chestnut. Contains negligible amounts of fat saturates, protein and salt.
What are the Bach™ Original Flower Remedies?
The Bach™ Original Flower Remedies were developed in the 20's and 30's by Dr Edward Bach in England. They are a system of 38 essences, which capture the positive potential of the plants they’re created from, which Dr Bach believed offered a holistic approach to achieving emotional balance. The 38 flower essences Bach discovered are made from a variety of wild plants, trees, and bushes. Each one relates to a specific emotion that we all experience from time to time. This wonderfully gentle system is designed so that the essences can be tailored to meet each person’s individual needs, so they can be taken alone or in combination. For over 80 years people from around the world have been using Bach™ Original Flower Remedies.
How do I use the Bach™ Original Flower Remedies?
Bach™ Original Flower Remedies are flower essences you can take in a variety of ways…
- Straight from the bottle - Each Bach essence is ready to be taken straight from the bottle, simply apply two drops directly to your tongue when required.
- Mix with water - Whether it is Chicory or Elm or Pine or Walnut you’re using, you can add two drops of your selected essence or essences into a glass of still water, and sip at intervals.
- Personal Mixes - Bach essences can be mixed to create your own personal combination. Add 2 drops of each essence (maximum of 7 essences) to a mixing bottle containing still spring water; take 4 drops 4 times a day. Your personal mix can last between two and three weeks if you keep it in the fridge. However, if you wish to carry your personal mix around with you, add one teaspoon of brandy to the mixing bottle prior to adding the water to help preserve it. Cider vinegar or glycerine can also be substituted for brandy.
How Many Bach™ Essences Can I Mix at One Time?
Dr Bach would often tailor mixes of essences, recommending up to 7 essences be combined into a personal mix.
Can Bach™ Essences be added to water?
The essences are easy to take.
- For immediate use you can take the essences undiluted direct from the stock bottle. Just drip two drops on your tongue, and repeat as necessary.
- Add two drops of each chosen essence into a drink of your choice.
- For combination use, add 2 drops of each essence (maximum 7 essences) into a mixing bottle with some water, and take 4 drops, 4 times a day.
Are the flowers from Dr Bach's garden?
Bach™ Original Flower Remedies is the only brand that sources its flowers and plants from the gardens at Mount Vernon (known today as The Bach Centre), and other sites identified by Dr Bach. When you are purchasing Bach™ Original Flower Remedies, always look for the Bach signature, a guarantee of quality. Mount Vernon is the site where Edward Bach completed his work and, like then, his gardens are host to the majority of flower essences still used today. The flower essence tinctures collected in Mount Vernon are then transported to our manufacturing facilities in Wimbledon, London where they are diluted in grape alcohol, bottled and distributed around the world.
Why is there alcohol in Bach™ Original Flower Remedies?
The Bach™ Original Flower Remedies bottles contain grape alcohol as a preservative, this goes back to the original methods used by Dr Bach in the 1930s.
Food supplements and homeopathic remedies should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.