N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is an amino acid available in supplements which has broad benefits to our health. NAC serves are a precursor to help the body synthesize glutathione, a powerful antioxidant which provides protection against free radicals and toxins.
Benefits of NAC:
- • NAC helps to restore normal levels of glutathione which helps to protect the liver against damage as well as encourage its ability to heal.
- • NAC helps protect the kidneys which play a key role in detoxification and blood pressure regulation.
- • NAC supplements help to break the bonds that form mucus easing its expulsion. This is particularly useful for sinus congestion.
- • NAC supplements may improve the symptoms associated with PCOS.
- • NAC may have a positive effect on mood and behaviour.
N-Acetyl Cysteine dosage range: 500-1200 mg per day.