Garden of Wisdom Glycolic Acid Serum 5% helps exfoliate, hydrate and treat hyperpigmentation; it can also tackle sun-damaged skin whilst enhancing collagen production.
Glycolic Acid is an alpha hydroxy acid, AHA; a group of chemical exfoliants that work to help dissolve the 'glue' that holds skin cells together. Alpha hydroxy acids are normally found in milk and plants. Glycolic acid is derived from sugar cane, although the type usually used is made in a laboratory. Garden of Wisdom's Glycolic Acid Serum is the most natural glycolic acid serum, which is derived from sugar cane unlike many other glycolic acid serums which use synthetically derived glycolic acid.
Benefits of Glycolic Acid Serum:
- An effective exfoliant - glycolic acid's main role is exfoliation; the top layer is the most damaged. The cells become dull, rough and with time they become hyperpigmented. The smaller particle size of glycolic acid means that it can easily penetrate skin to work effectively.
- Glycolic acid is better than physical scrubs or manual scrubs which may leave skin inflamed or even lacerated and may exfoliate unevenly. Glycolic acid helps achieve even exfoliation without lacerations.
- Glycolic acid helps hydrate skin. It works to increase levels of hyaluronic acid in skin which acts as a moisture magnet.
- It helps boost collagen production. Collagen is the protein in skin which helps to keep skin firm and elastic. The more collagen skin has, the less likely it is to sag and form wrinkles.
Glycolic acid may be beneficial for:
- Photo or sun damaged skin
- Acne scars
- Hyperpigmentation concerns
- Fine lines
- Dry skin
- Age spots
- Keratosis pilaris or 'chicken skin'
Who should use Glycolic Acid?
Dry skin - glycolic acid is an effective chemical exfoliant which helps hydrate skin too.
Mature skin - by boosting collagen production, glycolic acid may help prevent fine lines.
Avoid Glycolic Acid serum if you have oily, spot-prone skin. In this case Salicylic Acid 2% Serum would be the better choice. Those with sensitive skin may also avoid glycolic acid opting instead for lactic acid serum which is gentler. High strengths of glycolic acid, as found in glycolic acid peels, may be liable to cause inflammation.
GoW Glycolic Acid Serum 5% has a pH value 3.83 the same as its pKA value.
All Garden of Wisdom products are cruelty free, suitable for vegetarians and free from alcohol and silicones. Serum bottles are made of PET which are 100% recyclable. Please dispose of the dispenser in your general waste.
Directions: Use Glycolic Acid Serum in your PM regimen after cleansing skin. Use a couple of times a week, gradually increasing amount and frequency if required. Use sunscreen in the morning. Acids can damage your skin if used incorrectly; always patch test.
Garden of Wisdom Skincare Regimens
Distilled Water, Glycolic acid 5% (from sugar cane), Sodium Lactate, Panthenol-D, Gluconolactone, Sclerotium Gum