Viridian Fertility for Women is specifically designed to provide the essential and appropriate nutrients to support a woman of reproductive age. Ideally, take a least 90 days ahead of planned conception.
- Supplemental folic acid intake increases maternal folate status. Low maternal folate status is a risk factor in the development of neural tube defects in the developing foetus. The beneficial effect is obtained with a supplemental folic acid daily intake of 400ug for at least one month before and up to three months after conception.
- Vitamin E has a role in the protection of cells from oxidative stress. This 'oxidative stress' appears to be a major factor in many human diseases.
- Vitamin C plays an essential role in numerous areas of human health. Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of bones, cartilage, skin, gums and teeth. Vitamin C also enhances iron absorption and the normal energy-yielding metabolism. Vitamin C aids in the maintenance of the immune system including during and after intense physical exercise. Vitamin C contributes to normal psychological function, the functioning of the nervous system and contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress. This 'oxidative stress' appears to be a major factor in many human diseases.
- Zinc is a mineral essential to many body processes including the maintenance of normal cognitive function, vision, fertility and reproduction, hair, skin and nails and the immune system. Zinc also contributes to the normal metabolism of fatty acids and macronutrients. Iron is essential for the healthy production of haemoglobin and red blood cells. This formula contains iron bisglycinate, a form of iron that is gentle on the digestive system. Iron contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and contributes to normal cognitive function.
- Selenium contributes to the maintenance of normal hair and nails, the normal function of the immune system, normal thyroid function and for the protection of cells from oxidative stress. This 'oxidative stress' appears to be a major factor in many human diseases.
- B6 (pyridoxine) contributes the regulation of hormonal activity, to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, the energy-yielding metabolism, to normal psychological function and the functioning of the nervous system. Vitamin B6 also contributes to the normal function of the immune system, to normal homocysteine metabolism and red blood cell formation.
- Copper contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, the maintenance of normal connective tissues, to the normal pigmentation of hair and skin, the normal function of the nervous and immune systems, and for the protection of cells from oxidative stress. This 'oxidative stress' appears to be a major factor in many human diseases.
- Chromium contributes to the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels. Folic acid (folate) contributes to a reduction in tiredness and fatigue, the normal function of the immune system, normal psychological function, and the processes of normal homocysteine metabolism, amino acid synthesis, cell division and blood formation.
- B12 contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism and red blood cell formation, to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, the energy-yielding metabolism, to normal psychological function and the functioning of the nervous system. Vitamin B12 also contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
It is recommended to eliminate saturated and hydrogenated fatty acids and increase the intake of high quality polyunsaturated fatty acids, particularly omega 3 fatty acids, as these oils function in all aspects of reproductive health.
Note: Coeliac women may suffer from gynaecological and obstetric complications. It is possible that these complications are the first symptom of coeliac disease. Silent coeliac disease should be considered in the case of women with unexplained infertility.
Directions: As a food supplement, take two capsules daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Two vegetarian capsules provide: Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 200iu DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) 30mg Alpha lipoic acid 100mg Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 1000mg Zinc (picolinate) 15mg Iron (bisglycinate) 10mg Inositol 30mg Selenium (methionine) 100?g Citrus bioflavonoids 20mg Manganese (citrate) 2.5mg Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate) 5mg Vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) 1000iu Copper (citrate) 1mg Chromium (polynicotinate) 100?g Folic Acid 400?g Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 50?g In a base of alfalfa, spirulina & bilberry.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.