Viridian Fertility for Women is specifically designed to provide the essential and appropriate nutrients to support a woman of reproductive age. The nutrients within this formula provide antioxidant support, help stabilise glycaemic control, and help promote appropriate cellular function to encourage female fertility.
Ideally, Fertility for Women should be taken at least 90 days ahead of planned conception.
- Vitamin E - Vitamin E has been shown to inhibit lipid peroxidation and is known as the fertility nutrient. Vitamin E functions primarily as an antioxidant in protecting against damage to the cell membranes.
- DHA omega 3 fatty acids are crucial for cellular health and hormonal regulation.
- Chromium and Alpha Lipoic Acid both chromium and alpha lipoic acid have been found to be beneficial in cases of insulin resistance, a common feature of infertility due to polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
- Vitamin C and Bioflavonoids research into the role of antioxidants in fertility has revealed that ascorbic acid supplementation caused improvement in 53% of luteal phase defect cases.
- Zinc - zinc serves as a cofactor for more than 80 metalloenzymes involved in DNA transcription and protein synthesis. In females, zinc seems to be important in reproduction. Zinc deficiency has been shown to result in decreased sexual maturation, abnormal menstrual cycle and increased oxidative stress
Fertility for Women also contains many co-factors to provide nutritional support for pre-conceptual health and well-being.
It is recommended to eliminate saturated and hydrogenated fatty acids and increase the intake of high quality polyunsaturated fatty acids, particularly omega 3 fatty acids, as these oils function in all aspects of reproductive health.
Note: Coeliac women may suffer from gynaecological and obstetric complications. It is possible that these complications are the first symptom of coeliac disease. Silent coeliac disease should be considered in the case of women with unexplained infertility.
Dosage: Take two capsules of Fertility for Women daily.
Two vegetarian capsules provide: Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 200iu DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) 30mg Alpha lipoic acid 100mg Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 1000mg Zinc (picolinate) 15mg Iron (bisglycinate) 10mg Inositol 30mg Selenium (methionine) 100?g Citrus bioflavonoids 20mg Manganese (citrate) 2.5mg Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate) 5mg Vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) 1000iu Copper (citrate) 1mg Chromium (polynicotinate) 100?g Folic Acid 400?g Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 50?g In a base of alfalfa, spirulina & bilberry.