Pharma Nord Bio-Carotene capsules provide 9mg of beta carotene, vitamin A activity 1500iu, which helps maintain healthy skin and helps maintain the health of the eyes.
Beta carotene is converted by the body into vitamin A (retinol), a nutrient that contributes to maintaining normal skin, vision, immune functioning, and mucous membranes. Pharma Nord Bio-Carotene contains 9 mg of Beta Carotene per capsule, equivalent to 4 large carrots which are a rich source of beta carotene, in an easily digestible and stable form - the natural precursor of vitamin A. Bio-Carotene is manufactured in a way where Beta-Carotene is mixed into an oil matrix that keeps it stable and ensures good bio-availability.
Beta Carotene is a member of the carotenoid family of plant pigments, which are responsible for the yellow, orange and red colours of certain fruits and vegetables. Beta Carotene supplements are also known as pro-vitamin A, as it is converted by the body into vitamin A. Vitamin A only occurs in animal tissues (particularly liver, fish liver and dairy products), whereas Beta-Carotene occurs in plant tissues (particularly carrots).
Benefits of Pharma Nord Bio-Carotene beta carotene supplement:
- Manufactured to pharmaceutical standards.
- Provides vitamin A as beta carotene, a powerful antioxidant.
- 9 mg of Beta Carotene per capsule, equivalent to 4 large carrots.
- Each capsule contains the vitamin A equivalent of 1500 microgram (approximately 180% of the Recommended Daily Allowance).
- Designed to withstand stomach acidity in order to ensure optimum absorption in the small intestine.
- Halal certified.
Dosage: One capsule of Pharma Nord Bio-Carotene to be taken daily. The general recommended intake for beta-carotene is 25,000IU (15mg) per day.