Vitabiotics Wellteen for Him is a supplement containing 24 nutrients to help 13-19 year olds in sports, study, recovering from late nights and getting them up for early mornings.
Today's young adults have more to live up to than ever before, with busy social lives, late nights and early mornings, studying and sports to juggle. Ensuring a healthy, balanced diet is essential but it's not always a priority in a hectic teenage lifestyle. Wellteen Him has been developed especially for teenagers and young men aged 13-19 years, it provides a comprehensive range of vitamins, minerals, Co-Q10 and botanical extract, Lycopene, to help support daily nutritional requirements.
Key Benefits of Wellteen:
- Teenagers And Diet - An optimum nutritional intake during adolescence and young adulthood can help set the stage for lifelong health. Teenagers need to have sufficient vitamins and minerals to ensure healthy development during growth spurts, plus as they undergo significant physical and biochemical changes in their bodies, the necessity for nutrients greatly increases. The teenage years are perhaps the most significant in terms of hormonal change, and of course emotional stress.
- Reduction Of Tiredness And Fatigue And Immune Support - Juggling studies, sports and a busy social life all takes its toll. Wellteen Him includes vitamins B6, B12 and vitamin C which contribute to normal energy release and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. A range of nutrients including zinc, selenium, iron, folic acid, vitamins B6 & B12, C and vitamin D contribute to the normal function of the immune system. Recent research has shown that optimum dietary levels of vitamin D may be higher than previously thought, Wellteen Him provides an effective level of vitamin D with 800IU (20µg) of the preferred D3 form.
- Skin And Hair - Certain nutrients are of great importance to help maintain healthy looking skin and hair. Wellteen Him provides biotin which contributes to the maintenance of normal skin, plus selenium and zinc which contribute to normal hair and nails.
- Immune Support - A range of nutrients including zinc, selenium, iron, folic acid, vitamins B6 & B12 and vitamin D contribute to the normal function of the immune system. Recent research has shown that optimum dietary levels of vitamin D may be higher than previously thought, Wellteen Him provides an effective level of vitamin D with 800IU (20µg) of the preferred D3 form.
- Cognitive Function - Wellteen Him includes zinc, iron and iodine which contribute to normal cognitive function, whilst pantothenic acid contributes to normal mental performance to help support concentration levels when studying. Iron also contributes to normal formation of red blood cells & haemoglobin and contributes to normal oxygen transport in the body to support cells and organs.
- Bone Health - Health research shows that even a short period of very strict "dieting" during early teens can lead to low bone density, which causes weak bones in later life. Between 12-17 years of age, up to 90 percent of adult bone mass is laid down, so this is not a time to limit the intake of calcium or vitamin D which help to maintain normal bone health.
- Wellteen Him tablets include vitamin D and minerals such as magnesium and zinc which contribute to the maintenance of normal bone health. Vitamin D also helps the body with the absorption and utilisation of calcium from the diet.
Direction: As a food supplement, take one tablet per day with your main meal. Swallow with water or a cold drink, or as directed by your healthcare profestional. Not to be chewed. Do not exceed the recommended intake. To be taken on a full stomach. there is no need to take an additional multivitamin. Do not take with hot tea or coffee as this may cause them to disintegrate too fast. Suitable for vegetarians, no artificial colours, gluten free, no preservatives, salt or yeast
As with other food supplements, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using if you are under medical supervision, have epilepsy, a thyroid condition, haemochromatosis, suffer from food allergies, or are allergic to any of the ingredients. Not suitable for children. Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold. Made in a site that may handle nuts. This product contains iron, which if taken in excess, may be harmful to very young children. Store below 25°C in a dry place, out of sight and reach of children.
Maltodextrin, Magnesium Oxide, Bulking Agent: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid [Carriers: Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose & Tartaric Acid]), L-Carnitine Tartrate, Tablet Coating: (Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Colours: Titanium Dioxide & Copper Chlorophyllin [Natural Source], Glycerin), Zinc Sulphate, Ferrous Fumarate, Anti-Caking Agents: Stearic Acid, Silicon Dioxide & Magnesium Stearate, Crosslinked Cellulose Gum, Niacin (as Nicotinamide), Tomato Extract, Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acid Succinate) (from Soya), Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl), Betacarotene (Starch, Water, Antioxidant: DL-Alpha Tocopherol), Thiamin (Vitamin B1 as Mononitrate), Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol [Carriers: Acacia, Sucrose, Starch, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Antioxidant: DL-Alpha Tocopherol), Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Salt), Manganese Sulphate, Vitamin A (as Acetate [Carriers: Acacia, Starch, Maltodextrin, Antioxidant: DL-Alpha Tocopherol]), Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Copper Sulphate, Coenzyme Q10, Folic Acid (as Pteroylmonoglutamic Acid), Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin)._Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold
Why is it that young people can benefit from a nutritional supplement?
Government surveys have indicated that teenager's diets can sometimes be low in certain nutrients such as iron, vitamin A and vitamin D. Many teenagers are also not eating the recommended 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day and so may not be getting all of the vital nutrients that their bodies need for long term health and development. Some foods may have a lower than expected nutritional content and be low in certain micronutrients as a result of several factors including modern farming practices, the lengthy storage of 'fresh' food before it is sold in some shops and cooking which can cause certain nutrients to breakdown. It is important to promote a healthy diet and lifestyle and encourage positive eating and exercise habits for later in life. Food supplements are of course not a substitute for a healthy balanced diet.
Should I take Wellteen with any other supplements?
Calcium is an essential mineral and contributes to the maintenance of normal bones. However, it has not been included in the Wellteen Him formula, as it is not possible to include the right amount in one tablet. Rather than including just a token amount of calcium, Wellteen Him has been designed so that it can be taken alongside Vitabiotics Osteocare.
I cannot swallow the tablet. Do you have any suggestions?
Difficulty in swallowing tablets is quite a common experience. Vitabiotics have researched this extensively and recommend after chewing some food (e.g. banana), just before you swallow, pop the tablet into your mouth and swallow it together with the chewed food, followed by some liquid. The throat opens up wider to swallow the chewed food and so the tablet should go down with greater ease. Alternatively, the tablets may be swallowed with thicker liquids such as yoghurts or smoothies.
What are the key nutrients in Wellteen?
The key nutrients found in our Wellteen Him product includes Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Niacin (Vitamin B3), Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, Copper and Selenium. To see the full list of ingredients for this product please click on the nutritional information tab found on this listing.
Is Wellteen suitable for vegetarians?
Yes, Wellteen Him is suitable for vegetarians.
Some NVRs are above 100%, is this safe?
Certain vitamins are very safe at levels tens or even hundreds of times the NRV, whereas for others the safety level is much closer to the NRV. For this reason every vitamin and mineral needs to considered on an individual basis in terms of its upper safe level.
The Nutrient Reference Value (NRV) is the amount of a vitamin or mineral which has been calculated to help prevent basic deficiency states in the general population. However, certain vitamins and minerals at optimal levels, above the NRV, have consistently been shown to have positive benefits in specific areas of health. This is why some Vitabiotics formulas have certain nutrient levels greater than 100% NRV.
All Vitabiotics products have been developed using the latest research and contain effective levels of vitamins and minerals, while avoiding any excessive amounts, in accordance with official upper safe limits for vitamins and minerals.
Vitabiotics avoids 'mega dose' levels of isolated nutrients and instead we have always stressed the importance of safe, moderate and sensible levels of vitamins and minerals, carefully balanced to maximise their combined effect; an approach which has been supported by many experts and researchers over the years.Always read the product directions before use. Do not exceed the recommended intake. As with other food supplements, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using if you are under medical supervision, pregnant, breast-feeding, have epilepsy, suffer from food allergies, or are allergic to any of the ingredients. Supplements are not intended to treat or prevent any disease. Food supplements must not replace a balanced and varied diet, and a healthy lifestyle.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of young children. Do not exceed the daily dose. If pregnant, or breastfeeding, or if you are taking medication, or on medical care, consult your physician prior to use. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. The customer reviews are only moderated for offensive content – they should not be regarded as medical or health advice; no reliance should therefore be placed on them; and they are not endorsed by Victoria Health. If you have any health problems or questions regarding the suitability of any product please contact a health professional. Products are not medicinal unless otherwise stated. Victoria Health accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.