Viridian Nutrition Synerbio Children's Powder: This children's probiotic powder has been specially designed for the healthy development of the infant intestinal microbiota and immune system/function.
Children's Powder contains a combination of four strains Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei together with Bifidobacterium lactis (formerly known as B. infantis) and Bifidobacterium bifidum at a dose of 2 billion organisms per gram of powder supplement.
This symbiotic combination of appropriate healthy bacteria is researched and formulated for the use of children between the ages of 1-14 years.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus is one of the most widely used probiotic strains and is a natural inhabitant of the human gastrointestinal (GI) tract and reproductive mucosa.
- Lactobacillus casei is a strain of lactic acid bacteria commonly used for fermentation processes and is a natural inhabitant in the mouth and human gastrointestinal tract.
- Bifidobacterium lactis (infantis) has been found to inhibit adhesion of gastrointestinal pathogens and helps to boost the immune system.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum is the predominant bacteria found colonising the large intestine. As a producer of lactic acid and acetic acid it can help to reduce the colonisation of opportunistic pathogenic organisms and has been shown to have a role in immuno-regulation.
- Inulin (prebiotic) inulin acts as a prebiotic (promotes the proliferation of good bacteria) and when brought together with the probiotic species shown above, creates what is known as a ynbioticformula.
Digestive support e.g. childhood diarrhoea, dyspepsia, dysbiosis. Immune / allergy conditions. Microbial infection. Eczema and atopic conditions may be benefit from improved gut flora balance. Adjunct to antibiotic use or for post-antibiotic use.
Dosage: 2 billion per gram (67% L acidophilus, 18% L. Casei, 13% B. lactis, 2% B. bifidum) 1-4 yrs ¼ tsp (1g),4-8 yrs ½ tsp (2g),8-11 yrs ¾ tsp (3g),11-14 yrs 1 tsp (4g)