Healthaid Bromelain capsules contain a protein digesting enzyme called Bromelain derived from the pineapple fruit and stems. Bromelain is particularly useful for reducing muscle and tissue inflammation and as a powerful digestive aid. Bromelain enzyme is effective throughout the digestive system not only in the acid present in the stomach but also in the alkaline environment of the intestine.
The activity of Bromelain is measured in GDUs (Gelatin Digesting Units); it is a measure of proteolytic (protein digesting) activity. HealthAid Bromelain powder contains 1200 GDU’s per capsule: one GDU is the amount of enzyme that will liberate after 20 minutes of digestion. HealthAid vegan Bromelain capsules are of high quality with a sufficient amount of enzyme for good health and well being.
Benefits of Bromelain capsules:
- Serve as an effective digestive aid
- Believed to aid the absorption and utilization of antibiotics
- Aid in the absorption of Glucosamine
- Believed to be a natural blood thinner
- May have powerful anti-inflammatory properties
- Believed to be a mucus-thinning agent
- May serve as an effective Immune system enhancer
- Believed to aid skin healing (similar to the action of zinc)
Adults and children over 12 years of age, one Bromelain Capsule daily with food, can be increased to two capsules daily if required.